Ferprime Black Metal Primer
Ferprime Black is a long-lasting water-based matt black metal primer. Designed to be used on a range of metals. It offers excellent corrosion resistance and if applied to a rusty surface will prevent further corrosion from taking place. Can be used as a top coat if required.
This next-generation, water-based primer is formulated with safety to the user and environment in mind whilst still ensuring a superior coating that lasts longer even in the toughest of environments:
- Minimal VOC and low odour – safe to use in a confined space
- All in one, Primer and Topcoat
- Does not contain hazardous solvents, such as white spirit and naptha like traditional technology, kinder for the environment and the users
- Water-based – brushes and spills are extremely easy to clean with warm water and soap, no specialists solvents or cleaners are required
- User friendly: readily applied using a brush, roller or spray – Medium thickness resists runs and drips, excellent levelling & coating.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Touch dry within 2 to 3 hours
- Tough scratch-resistance uniform black matt finish
- Excellent adhesion resists peeling, flaking and bubbling
Primer is essential when painting outdoor metallic items that are likely to corrode. For example outdoor furniture, wrought iron gates and fencing. If primer isn’t used the topcoat may fail within a short space of time and start to bubble or peel due to under-paint corrosion.
Ferprime Black Metal Primer has been developed for use on ferrous metal and galv substrates. It is touch dry within 2 to 3 hours and fully cured in 24 hours.
Instructions for Use
- Remove loose rust with a wire brush or light sanding
- Ensure the surface is clean and dry
- Stir Primer before use
- Apply Ferprime Black with a clean paintbrush – 1 litre should cover approx 10 square metres (depending upon the surface)
- Allow to air dry. The product will turn black upon drying. It should be touch dry within 2 to 3 hours and fully cured after 24 hours, depending upon ambient conditions
Overcoat with the desired topcoat. A second application of Ferprime Black Primer can be used as a topcoat.
- Replace the lid after use
- Wash brushes in warm water
- Gates, railings and door furniture
- Metal garden furniture
- Metal garden ornaments or accessories
- Metal fixtures and fittings